TOP 7 Essential toiletries items for your hospital bag
This is the ultimate toiletries bag! We include our toiletries bag in all of our Mama Bags, which are made for you with carefully sourced, tested and chosen products. Here are the toiletries that are essential for your hospital bag:
- Deodorant: we did our research on this one, and were so excited to find a women-run, Canadian company that are as passionate about safety for our babes as we are. This all-natural deodorant company has made three deodorants that are specifically breastfeeding friendly. After all, if you plan on breastfeeding, your little one’s wee face is going to be nuzzling pretty close to your armpits, so it makes sense to ensure you are choosing products mindfully. The three we use in our bags are: sweet jane, bonnie n’clyde and blackberry betty. These will not disappoint!
- Shower essentials (shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner): you never know how many days you may have to stay in the hospital, and so these are essential for your first (and possibly more) shower. Our products are all natural, and contain argan oil, which is like a big glass of water for your skin and hair!
- Hairbrush: We love our purse perfect detangler brush. This is a great example of one of the items in our Mama Bags that will last you forever! It is the perfect size to fit in your purse, or diaper bag ;)
- Toothbrush: This toothbrush is from the SenzaBamboo collection, and we love that it is eco-friendly and comes in plastic-free, 100% compostable and biodegradable packaging. We also love that this company has a charitable focus, donating some of their proceeds to a local women’s shelter. They also have a recycling program!
- Toothpaste: Free from surfactants, synthetic preservatives, flavours, colorants, or raw materials derived from mineral oils. This toothpaste is all-natural with no harmful additives.
- Hair ties: These are a definite requirement! Not only do they do the job of getting your hair out of your face, or off your neck, they are an excellent way to remember which side you last fed on, if you are breastfeeding. The hair ties we include in our Mama Bags are from a Canadian, woman run company, called Ponytail Mail. We love the colours, and the fact that they are handmade by a small business entrepreneur!
- Lip balm: your lips can get SO dry during labour. The brand we chose is EpicBlend! Not only is it another local company, it is also Vegan, which we love.
All of these items are essential when going int the hospital for your labour and delivery! We have researched all of the “hospital bag essentials” lists on line and are confident that this bag hits all the marks!